Wednesday, May 15, 2013

DIY Project # 2

This was one I just did for fun, it did not turn out as I hoped it would because the wood was pretty bumpy which made it really hard to paint and write on. I still think it looks awesome in the little guys’ room though! I can honestly say the pictures don't really do this tiny work of art any justice.
I took an old piece of barn wood we found in a fallen down barn by our house and this is what came to life from it! (There are some really cool pieces of wood in that barn; I will most definitely have to go rummaging again...just have to find a reason to first LOL)
Best of all it cost us 0$ to do this as we had everything already at home from other little crafty things we have done.




P.S We had originally wanted a sock monkey type theme for Oz's nursery but it was kind of blah and for some reason it seemed impossible to find sock monkey stuff in Canada(to order online the price was out of this world expensive!). So we chose a new idea that I am very much in love with! It is going to be a surfer/sea turtle type thing -  I love all the funky colours and all the neat ideas that our imagination comes up with! 
 
 










Just in case you can’t read it this is what it reads: Always Remember You Are Braver Than You Believe, Stronger Than you Seem, Smarter Than You Think and Loved More Than You Know!


 


2 comments: