Monday, May 27, 2013

Balancing act


When the universe gives you a huge bowl of greatness it tends to balance things out by throwing some shit into the mix! Finically we are living on a tight budget due to me not having as many hours. We have had to do some MAJOR cut backs and I have taken on a second summer job to try and catch up before our little guy arrives! I really cannot believe I did, it sounds crazy to be pregnant and working two jobs but I know it will be worth it in the end!  This way we can get back on track and start saving for our dreams and goals. I have had one or two folks ask “well how are you going to afford it all when you go on parental leave? Kids are so expensive!”  Simple answers for that are babies/kids do not have to be expensive unless you make it that way!  Very little in a babies world needs to be brand new! Many people sell their barley used like new baby items at less then half of what they paid for them in store!  Budgeting and being frugal is key! We have hit up a few garage sales in our area, we found a lady selling newborn to 1 year clothing for 25 cents per piece! There were some really nice outfits some still with the tags on, but all were very pink and very frilly so we sadly :( couldn’t take advantage of that steal. But we have found some awesome baby items for next to nothing that we can use! ...I love garage sales and so happy they are in season before our little boy is due!! 

So yes we have had to cut back on a few things that we will miss but in the end I know together we can get through this little rough patch and it will be fun! (yes FUN!  believe it or not some of the best family times we have had happened when our funds were low!!)


Thank you to my love T for installing this awesome clothesline, to not only help out our bank account but our environment to! I love seeing the clothes all hung up makes me feel all warm and fuzzy!! (It’s the small things that get me excited! LOL)

Stay Positive & Happy Monday to all!


7 comments:

  1. Garage sales are great places for cheap finds. The past couple weeks we've picked up a box of free clothes/bibs and jolly jumper. Then exersaucer, some books, front carrier, nursery decorations and other misc. items for cheap. Our best find was an excellent condition set of crib bedding in our nursery theme. I was a little hesitant at $40 for the 11 piece set. Then I looked them up on line and didn't bat an eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too agree that babies are only as expensive as you allow them to be! Both G and I took the full 3 months off with Grace so funds were very tight, but you make it work. I think your little family will be just fine. It’s awesome that you’ve already begun thinking outside the box when it comes to purchasing 2nd hand baby items. I wish someone would have told me to do that because what we spent for things that were hardly used ended up being such a huge waist. Have you visited any of your local 2nd baby boutiques? There are tons here in NM and that’s actually where we purchased G’s diaper bag, some clothing and a second stroller for a steal. I’m so happy to hear that your baby prep is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have visited a few 2nd hand baby boutiques and they are great! I have even bought most of my maternity clothes from them as well! The only thing I find with the stores close to us is the selections for gender neutral clothes is very small :(

      Delete
  3. We bought a 285$ stroller for 85$ from craigslist and it is perfect! Nothing wrong with second hand-Brag about it girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! nothing wrong at all with Second hand!

      Delete
  4. I definitely understand having tight funds! Babies are only as expensive as you let them be though, I know that! I'm sure you will do just fine and I can't wait to see what other creative ways you have to get through this rough patch. I am sure I can benefit from them!

    ReplyDelete