Thursday, June 27, 2013

BIG step in the right direction!


I can't claim to know all that goes on in the States, we are from canada, but I do try to follow Human Rights issues no matter where they are in the world! I was just so excited to find out that same-sex couples who are married or want to get married will have the same rights as every other married couple! I know that not all States are the same and there is still some bans on same-sex marriages :( , but I believe soon it will be legal all over America and hopefully other countries as well. Our country has had gay marriage rights leaglized for as long as I can remember. I have never taken for granted how lucky we are to live in Canada and how lucky I was to be able to marry the one I was meant for..no questions asked. My heart goes out to the couples who want to be married and can't or who are married but where they live it means nothing, because to the couple it means EVERYTHING! It takes time for change but it seems like things are heading in the right direction for those living across the way from us! Congratulations on a big step forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment